Monday, February 16, 2009

Fin.

24208 words
3038 paragraphs
8 months in the making
8.5 hours tonight alone
1 pretty much finished play

I had a whole long post here, but it didn't publish, and I'm about to pass out while trying to walk to my bed. I finished the almost-final draft at 6:41 am. It was totally worth it.

I now send it to the Lups (both plan and She- varieties), they'll give it a gander, check for grammar, spelling, and lots and lots and LOTS of new stuff. Different Alison/Will scenes for every one of their one-on-ones, streamlined ending, a joke I might have to cut, but screw it, it was funny when I thought of it.

"That's all well and good," you say, "but we're acting in it, so when do we get it?" I'm hoping there's a week turn around (it was a week to make this fourth draft, hopefully a week to polish it), which would place this script in your hands for your reSeussal next Monday, the 23rd.

I'm going through the stats tomorrow, I'll post anything interesting. The bottom line is a new 4 pages. That's...somewhat expected? We'll see what happens with that. I think it might actually streamline this whole show better. But that's for another day.

Now? I coma. Sweet, glorious victory coma.

No comments: