Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cast List Is Up!

Here's your fate if you don't know it already

As a director (let alone a writer), I've never been in a casting conversation that was this difficult. I understand that a lot of you think I'm blowing smoke up your ass, but this was extremely difficult. Your biggest problem is that you have too much talent, and that's one hell of an odd blessing.

What you all also don't know is how many of these parts can be broadened, expanded, and show-stealing. You'll find out tomorrow.

To those that didn't make it, you have a really, really great musical ahead of you (that will come before this ever sees the stage in a production) and I hope you all go out and show your talents; this coming from a guy who doesn't have any rooting interest outside of sitting in the audience and watching a great show.

And for those who were cast, I'm incredibly excited for all the names that get to sit by characters I just happened to come up with. I'm flabbergasted at how many people (even those who didn't end up getting cast in these parts) absolutely hit the weird voice of these characters in my head (and aloud...which was weird to my mom).

Thank you all for your time. I will be updating this blog with all the little character bios I haven't gotten to so that we're all done by the time the show is read.

Best,
Manton

No comments: