Monday, December 1, 2008

Patience

It's a virtue. It's something I haven't been believing much in, to be honest. Ever since I put down my red pen (even before I transcribed my edits), I couldn't sleep. It's been a week, and last night I saw the sun come up. Again.

The hours are ticking down until I get to meet all of you PV kids, not just from this past summer or the brave ones who friended me on facebook, but all of you. Even more than that, I get to meet a Jocelyn, an Alison, a Kris, and maybe a Gavin or two, all before me. It should be at the very least surreal and the most incredibly enjoyable.

I have taken a lot from this experience already, doing a lot of things I've never been asked to do before, and in a time span much shorter than my other long-form piece (5 years vs. 5 months). But the process, growth, and hopeful maturation are still very much on going, and it will be aided by further by Viewers Like You (tm).

I hope I have devised a play that won't just play for an audience, but act as another challenge for you, the actors and crew. Hopefully you'll get a part and see that there is a lot to play with (which also means that hopefully I did my job and gave you characters that you can play a lot with, but I'm fairly certain that was achieved) and make them shine on stage, to build on what you have started with Museum and keep that through line going.

But only time will tell. Now, as a final gift for you dear loyal readers, I'll let you in on the ending:

Bruce Willis is dead the entire play.

Best,
Manton

No comments: